Want to become a Mermaid? Our Mermaid Swim School is a new way to enjoy the water, exercise, and learn new water skills. Classes include both in and out of the water activities.
About Mermaid Briana:
Briana grew up at LaCamas Swim & Sport. She entered the swim lesson program in 1999 and became a member of the first swim team at the club, the LaCamas Lightning, at the age of 6! By the time she was 12, she was assisting the instructors with the younger swimmers, and teaching her own classes within a year. She is certified with the American Red Cross and brings over 10 years of experience to her swimmers.
Being a Mermaid is a dream for her, and she is excited to teach others how to be a real mermaid!
Swim Skills & Equipment required for Mermaid Swim School-
1. Be comfortable in and under the surface of the water.
2. Be able to float independently on their front and back.
3. Blow bubbles while bobbing.
4.Turn from front to back while floating.
5. Be able to glide in a streamlined position on front and back.
6. Be able to kick the length of the 25m lap pool without stopping.
7. Bring goggles and have hair secured out of the face. (Braid or cap)
8. Purchase a monofin and cover, either on line or at the front desk before the first class.
Swimmers who have passed Swim Clinic Level 4 in the HeadHunter Swim School program have the minimum required skills for Mermaid Swim School.
MERMAID SESSION SCHEDULE:
SUMMER Mermaid classes:
One 30 minute lesson per day, M-Th for 2 weeks
4:30-5pm 6yrs & up
FALL-SPRING Mermaid Classes:
One 30 minute lessons per day, Tu/Th for 4 weeks
4:30-5pm: 6 & up yrs
5-5:30pm: Performance Group
Cost Per session, per swimmer:
Ask about Lacamas Athletic Club member’s discounts.
Payment must be received at the time of registration.
No refunds or make-up classes.